Friday 28 February 2014

Bombshell Harley Quinn Statue

Hi there, people! I'm sure you recall the hype I generated about the new release Harley Quinn bombshell statue, right? No? Oh, well it went like this.
  SQUEEAL! EEEEK! GLOMP! FANGIRL STEREOTYPE! 

Anyway, now I have said statue. I really struggle with time frames when these things come out. America says one thing, pre-orders say another, Australia assumes it's going to be another month or two behind because the world seems to hate us and our deadly assortment of killer animals and insects...

So I was at work one day when my sister called and said, 'hey, I found this neato statue at insert-store-here.. do you have this?' 
I said unto her, 'Nay, I do not, sister mine! Pray, show me that you love me and purchase this sculpted item at once, verily forsooth!' 
Then I think she called me a strange kid but nevertheless put her bargaining skills to good use and got me the statue for cheap. Well, not cheap but cheap for a just released Harley Quinn statue that has no doubt tripled in price as I've typed this.


Up in price more, lest I shoot you with my backwards gun!

I should release this sister of mine upon more Harley Quinn merchandise more often.

Anyway, I'm super stoked but a couple of things I will mention about this statue is that there is some sloppy mass production paint jobs going on. On mine, you can see where the upraised hem of her jeans are coloured in flesh tone by accident. Her white face paint doesn't go all the way to her neckline.



Her eye shadow doesn't look as nice as all the pictures I've seen and the blush on her cheeks isn't painted but a weird sort of imprint? Not sure how to explain it. It's alright, just not what I was expecting. Oh, and naturally because she's my statue she has a dirty sock.

It's a family tradition. 

It's all good, I still love my statue and I'm glad to have it. It looks great next to my other Harley Quinns (albeit it does sort of tower over them like a colourful orc) and has already gotten heaps of compliments from known associates.

It occurs to me now that I think she's supposed to be standing on an air vent a la Marilyn Monroe? I could be wrong but I guess it doesn't really matter either way?

I still think this is one of the better designs of Harley Quinn, and also a unique statue to have come out in recent times. Despite the small flaws I mentioned before, there's too much attention and love put into other details like the gun and her jacket that you can overlook them. It's also good to have some genuine DC collectibles with the numbers on them. Also absolutely loving the Bombshell nameplate at the front. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice or play dead! Harley Quinn's rules!