Tuesday 28 February 2017

Suicide Squad Oscars?!



I don't watch the Oscars, never have. I don't really care about the outcomes, the fashion or the pre-mediated random drama that haunts news outlets for days or weeks after. 

Look, if a film gets an Oscar, that's great. I'll watch it if I want to, not because of that. If an actor gets an Oscar, well, whoopie. They better be worth it. Obviously you can trust those little statues as far as you can throw - wait, how heavy are Oscars? 

After a quick Google I have determined that they are 8 1/2 pounds, or if you like to weigh things in real measurements they are: 3.8 kilos. 
So, probably not the best analogy. My point is, damn, it took that long to give Leo a damn Oscar so clearly something's screwy over at their judging area. 


Finally, I am the chosen one!




So pretty much what I'm saying is that for all the big deal they make, they aren't the be all and end all as to what's good in the world. I'm also saying you should try to throw one of the large gold guys behind Leo if you want to see how trustworthy they are. They probably aren't that heavy either but they look pretty awkward  to throw and you might get tackled by security while trying to do it. 



When you preparing for the Oscars and the skwad lets you dress yourself and do your own make-up.

Which brings us to this.

*ahem*


SUICIDE SQUAD HAS WON AN OSCAR.



Granted, it is only for hair and make-up.
Considering through, that they were up against things like Star Trek


Look at this!



Look at that!










There were characters here that had make-up that were modified for each scene they were in. Look at the effort this team went to! They have made a intriguing and realistic, immersive UNIVERSE.

They lost to this.


Yeah, Killer Croc was impressive, make-up wise. But we saw like two seconds of him on screen and I feel several points should be taken away for the horrible stereotype he was. I mean, shit, I don't even think they used his real name in the movie just crocodile black guy. I feel like a racist jerk just writing that but that's all he was. 


El Diablo, the one real redeemable character despite probably being the only real criminal on the team (I'm not counting this version's bitchy Deadshot.) 

Cardboard cutout daughter: 'Mum says I can't stay with you because you kill people.'
Will Smith: 'Man, what a bitch! my ex has been lying to you! I don't kill! LIIIIEES!'
(FLASHBACK TO SEVERAL ASSASSINATIONS)

He looks pretty cool - even if his outfit is lamer than Harley Quinn's in terms of appropriate battle attire but like this version of the Joker, it's mostly tattoos and angst. 



The coup de grace. The hair portion of the award. Sherbert dipped pigtails.

Holey shit Hollywood, you got a lot to answer for.


I'm not condoning mental health jokes but this is too appropriate not to repost




No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice or play dead! Harley Quinn's rules!