Tuesday 16 April 2013

Hush, little Harley..

Word has reached this Harley HQ that the Hush figures will be re released this year with new paint jobs.



Release party to be held over Batman's battered body. 


This is great news for me, as I've been looking for another original Hush Harley Quinn figure under a million dollars on eBay etc. Well, no they aren't that expensive - but I paid $30 for an original back in the day - I'm not shelling out near a hundred or so for someone else's off cast figure, which is usually without a box.





Homeless and stylin'. 


I'm a collector, damnit! I need boxes to validate my existence!! Or something.

'I've come to accept this.'

See, I do own the Hush Harley, but this was pre-super serial collector and more Yay! new plaything of awesome!
So yes, I de-boxed it. Which is a shame because while I enjoyed having her around on my bedside table threatening me with both a mallet and a pop gun, I discovered that she was pretty breakable.

I blamed myself for ages after her arm fell off and thus committed myself to a kingdom of Harley Quinns in their original packaging, never to be played with again...



'HELP!'


Then, during my search I found several references to weak joints and universal production flaws.

So no, it wasn't entirely my fault - but also makes me not want to shell out more than I have to for defective models. I own two Arkham Asylum Harley Quinn figurines, not the super collectable ones, just the ordinary ones. One is normal, one has a pink skirt - either a colouring error or Harley mixing her blood stained clothing in the wash.

There probably isn't too many like that, so in the future, maybe I could charge a bit more for the rarity of it. Being broken is not a price pumping thing. People are just cashing in on Harley Mania. Although, it probably is a collectible by now, I'm sure most people have broken theirs too.

I glued her arm back on, put her in a violent pose, and we're both happy. I'll probably still buy the new one though, only difference seems to be metallic paint and a three pack set, but hopefully she has stronger arms this time around. Not that I'll ever find out unless I buy two of them. Sigh.



'Polyester Gotham...So shiny!'


A bit crazy re releasing it after so long, but I'm grateful for the nostalgia and the fact that it's an original Harley Quinn outfit again - DC must learn from this.



'Learn..bust a few kneecaps... same diff!'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice or play dead! Harley Quinn's rules!