Wednesday 29 May 2013

Harley Quinn Ame Comi V2

A re-blog from my previous blog, but related to Harley Quinn goodness so I've decided to re locate it. 

When the Ame-comi series first came out, I missed my chance to pay a few hundred and grab the Harley Quinn one. Now you can't find them for less. Unless of course, you buy the mini version (which I did) for about $20AU.

                                                     Crazy things come in small packages!

This time around, I did the smart thing and pre-ordered v2 off of the almighty eBay machine.
So basically I paid less, got it fast and don't have to hunt for bargains that seem wonderful until you find that the jerks only ship inside America or only to Mars or some other jerk thing to do. Jerks.



Anyway, I have to say that I was very disappointed when I opened the packaging and saw that half of the damn window was obscuring the figure itself. I'm sorry, but I didn't pay that much for half a damn PVC figure! What sort of unimportant incompetent moron made that freaking decision?!


Here's a comparison of the previous Ame-Comi Harley Quinn (9" and mini) and the current one.
 

Yeah, they're either going for the velvet rope approach or the DC logo peel. Either way, it stands out next to the previous two - I want to see my damn figurine if you're gonna charge a butt load for it!


                                                           Alas, poor Batgirl! I knew her well!


What attracted me to this figure was it's return to classic jester styles, without being over the big top (ha!) clownish. Her head is framed by several liliripes, resembling a lion's mane. Massive blue eyes innocently looking up at a damaged bat cowl dominate her beautiful porcelain white skin. A little love heart sits over her lips.

A jester collar that's more like Harley's original outfit appears, but it seems to be body paint. She has a fancy bodice, kind of like what a ring master might fancy but in a cute twist the belt is a laughing hyena head.


This part ends with a slight ruffle then one leg is a three quarter length legging also ending in a ruffle. Playing card emblems form a line down the side of her leg. The other leg is bare except for an almost knee high striped sock with a garter belt top. The muscles are nice as well, a realistic shape in her calf corresponding to her arched heel.

Harley's shoes kind of look like clogs. One glove is red with black bands around it and the other is black with two small belt things near her wrist. They both cover her fingers and end in a ruffle at the top.
She comes with a few accessories - the damaged bat helmet for one, but also a spiral rose face mask with a pointed front, and a more Venetian mask with a red 'J' over one eye and a kind of eye mask mark over the other. If she tires of these, she may find time to juggle her flame stick.

It is a really nice figure - the only faults I have is that A) her breasts seem tacked on as an afterthought and are now uncomfortably squished in her corset Suicide Squad style B) her eyes seem different to the pictures I'd seen beforehand but it could be just my model. There are already slight paint marks on the box interior where the paint on the side of her head and one hand hadn't quite dried before she was shoved in there (maybe to meet my order). Still pretty though.

Then of course, there's just my biff with the box window. It's just - why even put a damn window in if you won't let me look into it properly?!?! Then you could have had more room to advertise your stupid candy cane Christmas Catwoman on the back.

Seriously? Candy cane Catwoman? As if she wasn't fetishised enough, now she comes in seasonal flavours!

This is what cats do, right?       I wonder how many different         Ho Ho Ho.... meow?
                                                  colours will make you chumps
                                                  buy the same figurine! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice or play dead! Harley Quinn's rules!