Tuesday 21 May 2013

Bombshell Harley Quinn

So just when I thought it was safe to go into the money saving waters again, another Harley Quinn figure is announced!
That's right, and it's a Bombshell!

Part of DC Collectibles new Bombshell line, first announced at the NYC Comic Convention like most things are, then the noise trickles down to Australia later on when it feels like it. Anyway, these are some reworkings of the women in the DC Universe, based on the pin up girls of war time - the type you'd see painted on the nose of fighter jets, etc. 



We've seen Supergirl, Wonder Woman and Poison Ivy, now it's Harley Quinn's turn. Personally I'm not that fond of Wonder Woman, the kind of boots she has on make her ordinarily muscular legs just look chunky, and I've never liked those super tight super small pants on anyone. The chain snapping is a nice touch, and the Rosie the Riveter scarf. Supergirl's hairdo makes her look a lot older than she should be. Poison Ivy has had some complaints in the reviews I've read but I think she shines. She kind of looks like her once team mate in the new Bird of Prey Starling, but while she's posing like a pin up she looks totally comfortable with her plants around her and her underwear. 



Now she is literally meant to be a bombshell - there's a T-Shirt with the Harley Quinn design riding a bomb, but the statue seems a little bit toned down, so she's just standing on the same kind of base as the others. 
Harley Quinn's design seems to suit her, I think. Again, she looks totally natural and I'm glad to see her look more like herself - despite.. not... looking like herself. .................wait. 
Moving on like a flock of seagulls - her blonde hair is still in pigtails with the absence of her liliripes, blowing in the wind and showing off her red tinged tips. 

Instead of her domino mask she has aviator goggles, which I quite like although she does have a little diamond peeking out on her clown white face. I can't really tell but her earrings appear to be little bells. Her lipstick is a really nice shade too, not stark red or that black with red highlights stuff. 






More sweet little features at the back - a Joker's Wild jacket, a popgun cork, a little stuffed Batman plushie on the gun. Elbow stitching as a diamond? Inspired! Alternating red and black pouches on the belt, the coloured leggings and thick socks - I just really like it. 

Only fault I can really see is that her eyes are green and not blue - but one could argue that this is an Elseworlds Harley... Obviously she didn't exist during war time so I'll let it go. Besides, it's only a minor thing, owning glorious green eyes myself I don't see it as a problem. Heck, We're lucky this statue isn't freaking BLUE and RED with GREEN hair!

This statue is designed by Ant Lucia and scuplted by Tim Miller. She measures about 10'' tall and is an individually numbered limited edition of 5200. Release date is expected to be about November, and I read somewhere that it'll be showcased at the San Diego Comic Con. 

To which, if anyone would like to take me, I would happily go and spend money at.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice or play dead! Harley Quinn's rules!