Wednesday 7 August 2013

Roller Derby Harley Quinn




So here's the new Harley Quinn - as you can see it's very roller derby inspired and while not too different from the duds she sports (hah! My humour is quite competitive!) it manages to look ten thousand times better, more suited to Harley and a hell of a lot more practical. 

I have to say I'm not opposed to the look, roller derby fashion is something I can definitely see Harley rocking I am disappointed that her skin is still Smylex white. I imagine that's part of the skid marks that the New 52 poopies have left. She would look so much better with her blonde pigtails and girl next door look... provided you a) live next to a girl b) live next to a white girl and c) live next to a white homicidal maniac girl. 


Why does that work? It somehow seems worse when it's someone who doesn't look the part. I have nothing against pale skins... hell, I can (and do!) cosplay classic Harley Quinn sans-face paint because I don't need it. However I still think that just giving Harley the same Joker dipping for her back story is lame as all hell. THERE ARE MORE THAN ENOUGH JOKER WANNABES IN THE DC WORLD! 

That said, her boobs seem to be encased, the bell collar is a cute touch, she looks happy and adorable and her figure seems realistic. Armour of sorts on the vital bits make sense, plus light enough for gymnastics. Yes, her butt's still sticking out but those are derby pants for you. Logical! Wearing hot pants on stupid 'missions'.. less so. 

Anyway, I will definitely check this out - I have high hopes for the new production team and heck, even if it's a little lacklustre it'll still be so much better than Suicide Squad - often licked, too stupid to die. 

Should be out later this year, possible Nov/Dec. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice or play dead! Harley Quinn's rules!