Tuesday 18 November 2014

DC Event: Convergence!



Snootchie Boo....whaaaa?

This was my initial reaction face when I heard that DC was planning yet another tedious event. I mean, They haven't even finished the other event that no one seems to care for yet!
(In case you're wondering, I'm talking about Future's End - the comic sensation that gave us Horrendous Hulk Harley and Hilarious Honeymoon Harley in the same breath.)

My emotions are all from the eyebrow, baby.


My new face became a bit like this once I heard a bit more information about it and even saw a little picture or two.

Click to enlarge my glorious.....glory...... thing. 
                         
But wait.... is that.... could it be....
"Let me out!"

                                           





Yes! We have a new event called Convergence and issue #0 is out April 1st 2015! 
.............Wait, April Fool's Day? Screw you, DC!

Anyway, it's a two part mini-series that comes across like a half arsed apology from DC, a kind of 'here's what could be happening in another world but you only get a glimpse because we like the New 52 better, SO THERE." Then they probably stuck their tongues out at us and pouted. 

Still, it's a promising start! Superman is back with Lois Lane, super-married and super-pregnant! Stephanie Brown's doing Batgirl stuff! Oracle wheels back into the scene and is back with Nightwing! The original Titans are back - as in Donna Troy, Non-sex bot Starfire and a Roy Harper we could be interested in again! The Question is questioning things in duplicate as she works with Two-Face and Harvey Dent. 

And then this happens!!

HARLEY QUINN
Writer: Steve Pugh
Artist: Phil Winslade and John Dell
Harley Quinn is enjoying her normal life under the dome until Catwoman and Poison Ivy draft her to fight Captain Carrot.






So looks like it's about some sort of dome and also flashpoint drama? But I don't care because ORIGINAL DC Y'ALL! Oh, the beauty of that costume! Going back to the nostalgic days of oversize mallets instead of guns guns guns and sledgehammers BECAUSE EDGY. 

I don't know a lot about the Zoo Crew but if anyone can work with them, I would put my money on Harley Quinn. It just seems right up her sideshow alley. That sounded dirty. Whoops. 
Anyway, totally excited about this! I may even buy some issues!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice or play dead! Harley Quinn's rules!